Inspiring workshops for every writer
All PDX Writers Workshops are currently online!
We offer craft and prompt-driven workshops
for new and seasoned writers.
We practice the Amherst Writers and Artists framework (AWA). Our workshop facilitators provide prompts, everyone writes for a set amount of time, and then we share our new words aloud. Following the set of guidelines provided by AWA, we respond to each piece, telling what we like, what’s strong, and what we remember.
Read more about how our workshops operate here.
To view literature links related to anti-racism, please click here.
Current & Upcoming Workshops
All times PST
Online Saturday Morning Writes
10 am - 12 pm, $20 each workshop
- Monday Evenings with Thea Jan 10- Feb 8 One spot left!
- Tuesday Afternoons with Jennifer January 18-February 15 One spot left!
- Wednesday Evenings with Cleo January 5-26 workshop full
- Thursday Afternoons with Alida January 27 - February 24 workshop full
- Thursday Evenings with Jennifer January 13- February 10 one spot left!
- Friday Mornings with Alida January 28 - February 25 workshop full
Memoir Structure and Development starting February 22
Write Like a Poet, March 12, 2022
- Daylong Edgefield Retreat March 5, 2022, 8:30 am - 5pm retreat full
- Honoring Our Environmental Grief July 13 & 14, 2022
- Next Year's Weekend Oceanside Retreat September 30 - Oct 2, 2022
Have You Checked Out Our Consultation and Editorial Services?