Inspiring workshops for every writer
All PDX Writers Workshops are currently online!
We offer craft and prompt-driven workshops
for new and seasoned writers.
We practice the Amherst Writers and Artists framework (AWA). Our workshop facilitators provide prompts, everyone writes for a set amount of time, and then we share our new words aloud. Following the set of guidelines provided by AWA, we respond to each piece, telling what we like, what’s strong, and what we remember.
Read more about how our workshops operate here.
To view literature links related to anti-racism, please click here.
Current & Upcoming Workshops
All times PST
Online Saturday Morning Writes
10 am - 12 pm, $20 each workshop
- Thursday Afternoons with Alida Sept 2-30
- Thursday Evenings with Jennifer September 16-October 14
- Friday Mornings with Alida Sept 3-Oct 1
- October 17, November 21, December 19, January 16
both are a combination online course with personal coaching
- Daylong Edgefield Retreat October 16, 8:30 am - 5pm
- Cancelled-Weekend Oceanside Retreat October 8-10
Have You Checked Out Our Consultation and Editorial Services?